Sunday, December 16, 2007

Today there was just a short run on the schedule. Thank goodness, because it is day of wind and rain. I had fun anyway, because Colin gave me a CD of dance music to put on my iPod. I danced my way through the rain.




On the way back I stopped at the US Botanic Garden, which is right next to the Capitol. They have a holiday exhibit that consists of little models of all the buildings and monuments on the mall. The malls are made entirely out of plant parts. Check out this model of the Smithsonian Castle (headquarters of all the Smithsonian museums). I've gotten in the habit of stopping in the garden at the end of a run. At first I felt shy about going in there when I was messy and pink-cheeked and out of breath. But now it has become a sort of sanctuary for me: a place to catch my breath, warm up, and ease back into the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How great to have the gardens at the end of your run each day - and the little buildings are darling. I'm glad yesterday's run went so well - what a fine way to begin a hard earned weekend!